By JERRY TAPP
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 26-20 win over the Tampa bay Bucs on December 3.
- The Packers have now won seven straight December home games. In the Mike McCarthy era, the Pack is 22-3 in December home games.
- The Bucs scored first in the game. The Packers had lost six of their last nine when the opponents scored first in a game at Lambeau. Green Bay is now 10-7 in home games when the opposition scores first since 2010.
- The Packers had the halftime lead, 17-10. Since 2010, Green Bay is 41-2 in home games when they have the lead at halftime.
- Clay Matthews had 2.5 sacks in the contest. It was his 14th career game with two or more sacks. Green Bay is 10-3-1 in those games.
- Dean Lowry had a sack and TD (on a fumble recovery) in the game. He is the first defender to have a sack and a TD in the same game since Clay Matthews on November 7, 2010. He is the seventh Packer to have a sack and TD in the same game since 1970. The others: Matthews, Charles Woodson, Al Harris, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Gabe Wilkins and Bryce Paup.
- The Pack “D” had seven sacks in the game. It was their first seven-sack game since Sept. 28, 2015 versus the Kansas City Chiefs. Green Bay is 19-0 since 1970 in games where the defense gets seven or more sacks.
- The Packers offense had only 13 completed passes in the game. It was the 16th game since 2000 where the team completed less than 15 passes in a game. They are 7-9 in those games.
- Green Bay had only 77 net yards passing in the game. It was only the seventh time since 2000 that they had fewer than 100 yards passing in a game. It was only their second win in those games.
- The OT win was the second this season for the team. The last time they won two or more games in overtime in a season was 2000. Green Bay is 13-15-5 in overtime games since 1978; they are 3-4-1 in OT games during McCarthy’s tenure.
- A pair of rookies scored TDs in the game, Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones. Last season a pair of rookies scored TDs in the same game … Geronimo Allison and Trevor Davis.
- Aaron Jones became the sixth player in team history to have his only running attempt in a game be a TD run of 20 or more yards. The others: Donald Driver, Phil Epps, James Lofton, Jon Staggers and Lamar McHan.
- Green Bay is now 4-1 this season in games where they score 24 or more points in a game, 2-5 in games where they score fewer than 24.
- Rookie running backs Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams have both run for 100 or more yards in a game this season. They are the third pair of Green Bay rookie running backs to have a 100-yard rushing game in the same season since Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin in 2013 and Ryan Grant and Brandon Jackson in 2007.
- The Packers ran only 53 plays in the game. Since 2000, the Packers are 18-16 in games where they run under 55 plays in a game.
- Green Bay had 199 yards rushing in the contest. Since 2000, Green Bay is now 18-2-1 in games where they have 190 or more yards rushing in a game.
- QB Brett Hundley was 13-for-22 for 84 yards in the game. It was his second career game where he had 20 or more pass attempts but less than 100 yards passing in the game. He becomes the eighth Green Bay QB to have two or more games with 20 or more pass attempts and less than 100 yards passing. The others: Carlos Brown, Lynn Dickey, John Hadl, Tobin Rote, Bart Starr, David Whitehurst and Randy Wright. Rote and Whitehurst top the list with five such games in their Green Bay careers.