By JERRY TAPP
Here are 13 stats you may not know about Green Bay Packers placekicker Mason Crosby:
- The Packers are 29-7 (.806) in games when Crosby makes three or more field goals. They are 2-0 when he makes five field goals, 9-0 when he makes four field goals and 18-7 when he makes three FGs in a contest.
- Crosby is one of six kickers to make three or more field goals in 35 or more games since 2007. Crosby’s 36 games rank fourth on the list. Adam Vinatieri tops the list with 43 games with three or more FGs since ’07. Crosby is one of 31 kickers in NFL history to have 35 or more career games with three or more made field goals.
- Green Bay is 39-16 (.709) in games when Crosby misses at least one field goal attempt.
- Mason is the only player in the last 10 seasons to have at least 100 points in each season. He is also one of only 15 players in history to have 10 or more 100-point seasons in the league (Vinatieri tops the list with 19 100-point seasons). Crosby tops the Packers with 10 100-point seasons; he is followed by Ryan Longwell with eight and Paul Hornung and Chris Jacke with three each.
- Crosby has made 80.9 percent of his field goal attempts on the road and 79.9 percent at home.
- Green Bay is 6-1 in games when Crosby misses an extra point.
- Mason has made 81.2 percent of his field goals in games won by the Packers and 77.8 percent in games lost by the Pack.
- The Packers are 5-4 in games when Crosby misses two or more field goal attempts in a contest.
- Crosby’s field goal accuracy seems to decrease as the season progresses: He has made 89.9 percent of his career FG attempts in September, 81 percent in October, 78.9 percent in November, and 74.1 percent in December.
- Crosby has scored 10 or more points in 48 Green Bay contests. The team is 40-8 (.833) in those games.
- Here is Crosby’s field goal accuracy versus teams in each of the eight divisions: AFC East (87%), AFC North (68.4%), AFC South (77.3%), AFC West (80%), NFC East (72.9%), NFC North (81.8%), NFC South (83.9%), NFC West (86.5%).
- Did you know that Crosby has scored at least one point in 159 of the 160 regular season games he has played? He has also scored at least one point in all of his 18 playoff games.
- Green Bay may want to think about putting a dome above Lambeau Field (like that is really going to happen!). Crosby’s career field goal percentage is 88.9% in domes and 79.1% outdoors.